Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My life is boring and meaningless!

meaningless life
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
 
 
In course of time, we may start hating our friends, parents, spouses, siblings, colleagues, everybody and everything around us. The friend, with whom we were hanging around all the time, might have let us down. The mall that we used to frequent might look so dull and the food & the drink that we used to enjoy might have become insipid. No longer, the bike ride thrills. We start to wonder as to what has happened. Nothing satisfies. Everything looks boring. Is it because we have been meeting the same people every day? Have the places and people become very much used to, that no one and nothing is appealing? The career that once looked interesting & lucrative has turned irksome.   Even the very life that we live seems meaningless.
 
When our watches don’t function, we take them to the watchmaker. When our cars don’t run, we take them to the garage. When our televisions don’t work, we take them to the electronic shop. Only the maker can figure out what the problem is. In the same way, when we do not know what has happened to us we need to go to God and His Word, the Bible. The Bible is the manual given to all humans by their Maker, God. He has put ‘eternity’ in our hearts. When we don’t have the perspective of eternity in our lives, in course of time, everything loses its significance. Eternity adds new meaning to life and everything that we do. As the above scripture says, without the perspective of eternity we will not know or understand what the Maker has made us for and what He wants us to do. But you don’t need to wait for all eternity to figure out what God has done! He has already made everything beautiful in its time. And eternal life is a gift from God. The Bible says, “Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.” Seek to know the only true God, so that your life becomes beautiful and meaningful.

Prayer:
Lord, I am tired of my life! Nothing satisfies me and no one cares about me. Thank you for talking about eternity and adding a new dimension to my life. I understand that eternal life is to know about You. I am committing myself to seek you every day and all the day of my life. Let the perspective of eternity seep into every area of my life, so that I can understand the beauty in everything that You have made and may I live my life to the fullest. In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment