Friday, October 5, 2018

Pleasing God in Relationships


Meditation from Amos Chapter 1


When my relationship with others is not right my life will be dry & will wither. God is not pleased when these elements are found in our relationship with others -

1. When I oppress others 

2. When I take advantage of others' weaknesses 

3. When I forget or break the Covenant of brotherhood / sisterhood which is among believers

4. When I am not merciful or helpful to others because of my harboured anger towards them 

5. When I destroy or limit others for my personal growth & success

I cannot truly reconcile with God, my prayers go unheard & my sacrifices & offerings are unaccepted when I don't reconcile with others and take efforts to mend relationships.

Today's Intercession: Pray for the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries and India's relationship with these nations.
Pray for peace among these nations and for mutual development.
Pray for prevailing issues to be resolved amicably. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment