Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Is He Your Lord?


“The Lord has need of him.” (Luke 19:34)


Meditation from Luke Chapter 19

What does it mean to have Jesus as the Lord of our life?
1. Personal Life – “So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully.” (19:6) Like Zacchaeus, we need to receive Jesus joyfully in our life and surrender ourselves completely. We also call Jesus “Lord” as does Zacchaus; if He is our Lord our self will be totally surrendered to Him.

2. Family & Friends – And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up [a]and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.” (19:5)

When Jesus becomes the Lord of our life, not only our personal life, but our family, friends and every relationship in our life will come under the lordship of Jesus.

3. Possessions – “Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.”” (19:8)

When Jesus is our Lord, our possession are His and everything wholly belongs to Him.

4. Time, Talents & Treasure – “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.”(19:15)

Like the nobleman who gave things into the hands of his citizens, Lord Jesus has given us time, talents and treasures and we will have to give account of all that we have received.

The citizens hated him and so did not want him to reign over them (Luke 19:14). If we love Jesus, we will recognize His Lordship over everything in our life and we will be faithful stewards.

5. The Owner – When the disciples were sent by Jesus to bring the colt they were told to tell the owners of the colt that, “The Lord has need of him” (19:34). From the time we commit our life to Jesus, He becomes the owner of our life. When we realize that the Lord needs us, we will not hesitate to surrender ourselves and everything of ours to His Lordship and use.

6. Loose – The colt had to be loosened to be brought to Jesus (19:30). In the same way we need to be loosened from everything that which is holding us to itself or every bondage so that we may belong wholly to Jesus.

Let us loosen ourselves of everything that which is holding us, recognize the ownership of Jesus of our life and surrender our personal life and every relationship and possessions under His Lordship and at His disposal!

I Surrender All by Judson W. Van DeVenter (1855–1939)
All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live

All to Jesus I surrender
Humbly at His feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me Jesus take me now

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Saviour
I surrender all

All to Jesus I surrender
Make me Saviour wholly Thine
Let me feel the Holy Spirit
Truly know that Thou art mine

All to Jesus I surrender
Lord I give myself to Thee
Fill me with Thy love and power
Let Thy blessings fall on me

All to Jesus I surrender
Now I feel the sacred flame
Oh the joy of full salvation
Glory glory to His name

No comments:

Post a Comment